- Works closely with the contracted Area Answering Service and the Group Records Coordinator, keeping them informed of any meeting changes.
- Supplies the Answering Service with names and phone numbers of current volunteers willing to make calls to people needing support.
- Supplies phone volunteers, via their DRs, with forms for their contact information and with suggestions for talking with people in need of support. Checks periodically (at present once a year) to confirm their contact information and another year’s commitment as a volunteer.
- Sends meeting lists to callers who request them. Answers calls from those with questions about Al-Anon other than meeting information or support and those with a complaint about Al-Anon. Passes along communication, as needed, to appropriate AWSC members.
- The contracted Answering Service, at present, only contacts the Answering Service Coordinator by e-mail.
The Answering Service Coordinator is a voting member of the Area World Service Committee.