The Area Delegate is responsible for the following:
- Represents Vermont Area Al-Anon Family Groups at the annual World Service Conference (WSC).
- Attends the annual Northeast Regional Delegates’ meeting in preparation for the WSC.
- Provides the link of communication between WSO and Area 56.
- Reviews all correspondence received from WSO and passes on information appropriately to the Assembly and the members of the AWSC in a timely manner.
- Responds appropriately to requests from WSO for information etc.
- Sends annually to the WSO an accurate listing including addresses and phone numbers of the members of the AWSC.
- Visits as many meetings and districts as possible in the Area during the year.
- Speaks at Al-Anon functions when asked and available.
- Works with the Area Chair and members of the AWSC to set goals for the Area.
- Keeps the Alternate Delegate informed on relevant issues so the Alternate may fill in for the Delegate as needed.
- Maintains files of information received for reference as needed.
The Delegate is a voting member of the Area World Service Committee.
Expenses such as postage, phone calls and actual gas cost, and travel expenses within the Area and to the World Service Conference and Northeast Regional Delegates’ meeting will be paid by the Area.
The Area Chairperson is responsible for the following:
- Chairs all Area World Service Committee meetings and Area Assemblies, facilitating an informed group conscience without governing (Tradition 2).
- Attempts to reach, through information and discussion, unanimity in all Area matters (Warranty 3), making sure that minorities are heard (Concept 4).
- Prepares (in consultation with AWSC members) the agenda for each meeting, keeping in mind our common welfare and opportunities for the growth of each committee member in service (Tradition 1).
- Encourages communication among AWSC members, during and between meetings.
- Encourages the AWSC to reach reasonable goals.
- Maintains clarity and direction during meetings.
- Oversees panel review of all Alateen forms.
The Area Chairperson is not a voting member of the Area World Service Committee, except in the case of a tie vote.
Revised: 4/2000, 3/2015
Sharing the experience, strength and hope of recovery with those affected by alcoholism.
The Al-Anon Liaison to the Vermont AA Convention:
- Coordinates with the AA Convention Chair about the schedule and any other contact information.
- Ensures that all meetings are chaired and tracks meeting attendance.
- Provides literature for free and for sale through the Literature Depot, donations from meetings, or by purchasing materials to have on hand to sell.
The cost of the room for the weekend and registration is paid by the Area.
The Al-Anon Liaison to the Vermont AA Convention is a voting member of the Area World Service Committee.
Revised: 3/2009, 3/2015