The work of the Group Records Coordinator (GRC) helps ensure:
- that information provided to the public about Area Al-Anon and Alateen meetings is kept up to date, so that those seeking our meetings can be sure to find us.
- that group contact information provided to the WSO is kept up to date, so that WSO’s lines of communication with Area groups will be uninterrupted.
The GRC maintains accurate group records for the Area, updating the WSO’s online database after learning of and verifying any changes. The GRC also communicates changes in meeting times, locations, and status (newly-formed or de-activated) to:
- Area Coordinators for the Website, Meeting List, and Answering Service.
- District Representative in the affected district.
- Area World Service Committee.
The GRC distributes a copy of each District’s information to the District Representatives in advance of a new printing of the Area meeting list, requesting that the information be reviewed, updated, and returned in a timely manner.
The GRC confers with the Meeting List Coordinator before the printing of the new list to ensure good correlation of information.
The GRC may participate in conference calls for GRCs conducted by the WSO.
The Group Records Coordinator is a voting member of the Area World Service Committee.