Our new delegate is Laura A. representing Vermont Panel 62. Welcome Laura. Laura’s term as delegate began 1/1/2022 and will end 12/31/2024. She will represent VT at our World Service Conferences (WSC). The WSC 2022 starts Tuesday, April 26 through Saturday, April 30, 2022. It will be held at the Westchester Marriott in Tarrytown, NY.
VT Fall 2021 Al-Anon Assembly Votes Yes to Accept Electronic Groups
At the VT Fall 2021 Assembly, the Assembly voted Yes to accept electronic groups into the VT Area. The VT EMWG is continuing its work. John M is the chair. There is only one VT EMWG as of FA 2021 Assembly.
At the 8/7/2021 town hall, we formed two VT Electronic Meeting Work Group (EMWG) Task Forces. Joanne V and John M each chaired one.
Electronic Al-Anon Group Resources
The Panel 59 delegate, Joanne P, received the the WSO Guide and Graphic linked below at WSC 2021. The WSO created them to help geographic Areas reach an informed group conscience on Electronic Groups.
- Questions & Answers: Updated 8-5-2021
- The WSO Guide: Transforming Electronic Meetings to AFGs-A Guide for Geographically Based Areas Apr 2021
- The Graphic: Transforming Electronic Meetings To Al-Anon Family Groups 2021-22
- VT EMWG Task Force Charges
WSC 2021 Registered Electronic Al-Anon Group Motions
At WSC 2021 there were two motions passed related to Registered Electronic Meetings.
- One motion passed recognizes registered electronic Al-Anon Meetings as registered electronic Al-Anon Groups.
- Another motion passed eliminated the restriction of an Area to be defined by geographic boundaries and to simplify language [in the manual] to incorporate both physical and electronic meeting locations. (But geographic areas aren’t obligated to accept electronic groups. The Area needs to decide before March 2022.)
WSC 2021 Delegate Reports