In April 1980 Vermont was recognized as an Area by the 1980 World Service Conference; delegate seated with voice and vote. The first documented meeting for Vermont Area 56 was in August 1980. (The Area number is assigned by the World Service Office.)
p.122 in Green Mountain Memories: A History of Al-Anon/Alateen Family Groups in Vermont (available from Vermont.AFGliterature@gmail.com)
The Area consists of seven Districts:
- District 1: Windham, southern half of Windsor, and two groups in NH (Claremont and Charlestown)
- District 2: Orange, northern half of Windsor, and two groups in NH (Lebanon and Hanover)
- District 3: Lamoille and Washington
- District 4: Chittenden, Franklin, and Grand Isle
- District 5: Caledonia, Essex, and Orleans
- District 6: Addison and Rutland
- District 7: Bennington
VT Area Map as of May 2020
Original Vermont Area Map
District Meeting Schedules
See the website Calendar for the timing and links to the online District meetings during the pandemic.
- District 1: Meets six times a year on the 4th Tuesday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, and November at the United Church in Bellows Falls at 6:30 PM.
- District 2: Meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at Turning Point in Wilder at 5:30 PM.
- District 3: Meets six times a year on the 2nd Wednesday of the month in January, March, May, July, September and November at the Bethany Church in Montpelier at 5:30 PM.
- District 4: Meets six times a year on the 2nd Saturday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, and November at the Fanny Allen Medical Center in Colchester at 10:30 AM.
- District 5: Meets as needed.
- District 6: Meets ten times a year on the 3rd Tuesday of the month (except November and December) at the Brandon Library at 6 PM.
- District 7: Meets the 1st Sunday of the month at the Wilson House in East Dorset at 9 AM.
Area Meeting Schedule
Area World Service Committee (AWSC): Meets eight times a year on the 3rd Saturday of the month (except May, July, October, and December) at the Gifford Medical Center in Randolph at 10:30 AM.
Area Assemblies: Held twice a year on Saturdays in the Spring and Fall, usually in May and October. Locations vary as the role of host rotates among the Districts.
Last Updated: May 19, 2020