The primary purpose for the Area Secretary is to accurately and completely reflect a written record of all proceedings and discussions at AWSC and Assembly meetings.
The Area Secretary is responsible for the following:
- Coordinating notices with the Area Chair.
- Taking minutes for each Area World Service Committee meeting and each Area Assembly.
- Distributing the completed AWSC minutes within two weeks after the meeting to all area officers, coordinators and district representatives, as well as past delegates.
- Distributing the completed Area Assembly minutes within two weeks after the Assembly to all groups who were represented at the Assembly, the District Representatives, and the AWSC.
- Maintaining an up-to-date contacts list of Area Officers and Coordinators.
- Maintaining a binder of paper copies of documents for Archival purposes.
- Checking the Area post office box prior to each AWSC meeting.
The Area Secretary is a voting member of the Area World Service Committee.
Revised: 3/2007, 3/2015