The job of the Web Coordinator or Team is to maintain and extend the Vermont Area Al-Anon/Alateen website (www.vermontalanonalateen.org) and other information technology (IT) projects of the Area. The work has two main components:
Web Coordinator – Web Posting: This Coordinator interacts most with other members in service as part of the regular operation of Area business –
- posting calendar events,
- updating the webpage version of the meeting list, and
- making other additions of site text and downloadable PDFs.
- Email: working with distribution lists and attachments
- Blog management: posting, uploading, downloading, link-pasting
- Tools:– Google Calendar, PDF generator
Web Coordinator – Maintenance & Hosting: This Coordinator operates behind the scenes, but may experience bursts of activity when the Area launches new IT plans, or when the technology breaks –
- keeping the website’s software up to date and working (WordPress, theme, and plugins);
- keeping the annual domain registration up to date, along with the DNS records which keep ‘www.vermontalanonalateen.org’ pointing to a world-accessible server (via goDaddy.com);
- hosting the website on that server (presently: rented space at A2hosting; any WordPress-compatible host will do);
- maintaining the Google Apps for the Domain administrative account and features, including email boxes and forwarders.
- Content Management: WordPress set-up and administration
- Server: File transfers (ftp), directory organization
- Advanced (useful but not required): MySQL admin, SQL commands
The Website Coordinator is a voting member of the Area World Service Committee.